With its rich and creamy aromatic flavor, Foods Alive's Black Sesame Oil is sure to delight your senses and nourish your body, mind, and spirit. Black Sesame Oil has one of the richest antioxidant contents among plant oils and has been used in the ancient Indian Ayurvedic tradition for thousands of years for health treatments of the body, oil pulling, and therapeutic massage. Black Sesame Oil is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and also anti-inflammatory.
Foods Alive's artisan cold-pressed oils are crafted in small batches at a very low temperature on our own equipment. Why do we have the best-tasting oils? Simple, we receive samples of certified organic seed from several farmers press each sample into oil. Then we taste each sample to find the freshest and best-tasting one. This extra attention to detail allows us to maintain the superior quality you have come to expect from Foods Alive.
Black Sesame Oil has a rich & creamy flavor that is perfect for soups, salads, rice dishes, or pasta salads! Did we mention that it's an easy way to add omegas to your diet?!
100% Unrefined, raw black sesame seed oil*.
- Shelf Life is 14 Months (refrigerated)
- Store in refrigerator upon receipt
- Shake well before using as natural settling may occur
- For clearer oil, do not shake
- Freezing extends shelf life
- Not for use as a cooking oil
Is Black Sesame Oil the same as black seed oil?
No, it is not. To purchase Black Seed Oil, click here.
Why is the Black Sesame Oil clear when pouring from the bottle?
We have it stated on the bottle to "shake well before using as natural settling may occur." If the black sesame oil is not shaken before pouring, it will indeed be clear due to the black particulate separating and sinking to the bottom of the bottle. However, if shaken for 10 - 20 seconds, the oil will then become black in color again.
In the photo below, the cup on the right is the Black Sesame Oil before the bottle was shaken (clear oil) and the cup on the left is the Black Sesame Oil after the bottle was shaken for 20-seconds (black oil).
Are the plastic bottles BPA-free and packaged without the use of hexane?
Yes, we use BPA-free bottles and we do not use hexane gas when bottling our oils and dressings. If you're looking to ditch plastic completely, we do offer this oil in a 32oz glass bottle up above.
Do your artisan cold-pressed oils need to be shipped refrigerated? Does the shipping time affect the oils?
Very high heat (over 300 degrees) or prolonged heat over a very long time can degrade the omega-rich oils. However, the relatively short shipment times and variable seasonal temperatures encountered during shipment have been found to be irrelevant when tested. Even shipments arriving during the summer heat waves can be guaranteed as being potent and unharmed.
Can I cook with your artisan cold-pressed oils?
Cooking with our artisan cold-pressed oils is not recommended and really defeats the purpose of Foods Alive taking such great care in pressing the oil at a low temperature. The omega essential fatty acids are very delicate and really high heat will destroy them. But you can use it after cooking on a number of dishes by adding it your dish once it's on your plate and ready to consume.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
If you live outside of the U.S. or in Alaska or Hawaii, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.
- The 32-ounce oils in glass and the 1 gallon size of our oils are made to order, so this product can take up to 1-3 weeks to ship out.
- If our production schedule for the 1-gallon size shows that it will take longer than 3 weeks to ship out, we will use our discretion to send you the equivalent replacement in our smaller bottles instead.