Black Seed Oil, also known as Black Cumin Oil, is a remarkable and highly prized nutritive oil. Black seed oil has been used for thousands of years by many cultures from around the world. Black seed oil and black seeds were found in King Tut’s tomb and it is also known to have been used by Cleopatra, Queen Nefertiti and Hippocrates.
Black seed oil has a unique cell structure, and contains vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids.
Black Seed Oil can be taken on its own or mixed in water, juice or herbal tea. Did we mention that it's an easy way to add omegas to your diet?!
100% Unrefined, virgin raw black cumin seed (nigella sativa) oil*.
Shelf Life: 2 years
Country of Origin: Israel or Turkey
(Since this is a natural product, the different landscapes and climates in these two countries can cause the color, smell and taste of the oil to vary from lot to lot)
- Store in refrigerator upon receipt
- For clearer oil, do not shake
- Freezing extends shelf life
- Not for use as a cooking oil
Are the plastic bottles BPA-free and packaged without the use of hexane?
Yes, we use BPA-free bottles and we do not use hexane gas when bottling our oils and dressings. If you're looking to ditch plastic completely, we do offer this oil in a 32oz glass bottle up above.
Do your artisan cold-pressed oils need to be shipped refrigerated? Does the shipping time affect the oils?
Very high heat (over 300 degrees) or prolonged heat over a very long time can degrade the omega-rich oils. However, the relatively short shipment times and variable seasonal temperatures encountered during shipment have been found to be irrelevant when tested. Even shipments arriving during the summer heat waves can be guaranteed as being potent and unharmed.
Can I cook with your artisan cold-pressed oils?
Cooking with our artisan cold-pressed oils is not recommended and really defeats the purpose of Foods Alive taking such great care in pressing the oil at a low temperature. The omega essential fatty acids are very delicate and really high heat will destroy them. But you can use it after cooking on a number of dishes by adding it your dish once it's on your plate and ready to consume.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied) Otherwise, shipping is only $7.55 (Contiguous U.S. only)
If you live outside of the U.S. or in Alaska or Hawaii, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.
- The 32-ounce oils in glass and the 1 gallon size of our oils are made to order, so this product can take up to 1-3 weeks to ship out.
- If our production schedule for the 1-gallon size shows that it will take longer than 3 weeks to ship out, we will use our discretion to send you the equivalent replacement in our smaller bottles instead.