Our flax oil consistently beats the leading brands in blind taste tests!
Foods Alive's Organic Gold Flax Oil is full of omega-3 fatty acids and nutrient-rich lignans. We believe that the freshest and best-tasting flaxseed grows in the most nutrient-dense and mineral-rich soil.
Before we decide which seed to use, we artisan cold-press samples from several certified organic farmers. Then we taste each batch to find the one with the lightest and nuttiest taste, showing its full potential of essential minerals and nutrients. This is why our Organic Golden Flax Oil has an amazingly great taste that is oh so delicioso!
- Real health food! Full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and nutrient-rich lignans. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential and are associated with benefits like reduced inflammation, improved heart health and brain health.
- Our Artisan Cold-Pressed Oils consistently beat the leading brands in blind taste tests! We sample seeds from certified organic farmers and taste each batch to find the one with the lightest and nuttiest taste. This is why our Organic Golden Flax Oil has an amazingly great taste.
- Unrefined and free of preservatives. Our cold-pressed oils are crafted in small batches at a very low temperature on our own equipment to ensure quality and enjoyment.
- Organic, Non-GMO, Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free and Kosher. Flaxseed oil can be swapped for other types of oil in salad dressings, dips and sauces, or try it in a smoothie or on a baked potato!
- We use BPA-free bottles that are black to protect contents from light which can degrade the oil.
Foods Alive's artisan cold-pressed oils are crafted in small batches at a very low temperature on our own equipment. Why do we have the best-tasting oils? Simple, we receive samples of certified organic seed from several farmers press each sample into oil. Then we taste each sample to find the freshest and best-tasting one. This extra attention to detail allows us to maintain the superior quality you have come to expect from Foods Alive.
This Organic Flax Oil has a delightfully nutty flavor, making it easy to add it to your smoothie, yogurt, soup, or even drizzle it on a baked potato! This is also an important ingredient in the cottage cheese and flax oil combination by Dr. Johanna Budwig.
100% Unrefined, raw gold flax seed oil*.
*certified organic ingredient
- Shelf Life is 8 Months (refrigerated)
- Store in refrigerator upon receipt
- Shake well before using
- Freezing extends shelf life
- Not for use as a cooking oil
What is the difference between gold and brown flax seed?
Nutritionally, not much. Our reason for using golden flax seed is taste. Golden flax seed has a fresher and nuttier flavor, while brown flax seed can often have a bitter flavor.
Are the plastic bottles BPA-free?
Yes, we use BPA-free bottles made of Polyethylene and the main difference is that our bottle is black to protect it from light which can degrade the oil. If you're looking to ditch plastic completely, we do offer this oil in a 32 oz glass bottle up above.
Do your artisan cold-pressed oils need to be shipped refrigerated? Does the shipping time affect the oils?
Very high heat (over 300 degrees) or prolonged heat over a very long time can degrade the omega-rich oils. However, the relatively short shipment times and variable seasonal temperatures encountered during shipment have been found to be irrelevant when tested. Even shipments arriving during the summer heat waves can be guaranteed as being potent and unharmed.
Can I cook with your artisan cold-pressed oils?
Cooking with our artisan cold-pressed oils is not recommended and really defeats the purpose of Foods Alive taking such great care in pressing the oil at a low temperature. The omega essential fatty acids are very delicate and really high heat will destroy them. But you can use it after cooking on a number of dishes by adding it your dish once it's on your plate and ready to consume.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
If you live outside of the US, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.
- The 32-ounce oils in glass and the 1 gallon size of our oils are made to order, so this product can take up to 1-2 weeks to ship out.
- If our production schedule for the 1-gallon size shows that it will take longer than 2 weeks to ship out, we will use our discretion to send you the equivalent replacement in our smaller bottles instead.