Most Nutritional Yeast products are fortified with synthetic B-vitamins, but not this one!
Our Non-Fortified Nutritional yeast provides the great cheesy flavor you're looking for without the use of synthetic additives. With a nutty cheesy flavor, our unfortified nutritional yeast is a favorite among many vegans because of its unique flavor and similarity to cheese when added to foods.
Nutritional yeast is NOT brewer's yeast, bakers yeast, or Torula yeast; and because nutritional yeast does not come in contact with barley (like brewer's yeast), it is gluten-free and safe for people with Celiac Disease.
Nutritional yeast is produced by culturing the yeast with a mixture of beet molasses and corn sugar, then harvesting, washing, drying, and packaging the yeast.
Nutritional Yeast is not a genetically modified organism (GMO).
- Made in the USA, non-GMO nutritional yeast! NO synthetic ingredients. Great for vegan snacks, seasoning, or wherever a light cheddar seasoning or umami flavor is called for.
- Source of dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals and it's a complete protein, meaning it provides the amino acids the human body cannot produce. Nutritional yeast is naturally low in sodium and calories, as well as fat-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, and MSG-free.
- Vegan friendly cheese flavored substitute, perfect for healthy snacks for adults and kids. Try some on scrambled eggs or in dairy-free cream sauces.
- Sprinkle some on hot popcorn, pasta, garlic bread, or baked potatoes, stir into juices or smoothies, or use as a seasoning for salads, salad dressings, soups, sauces, dips, casseroles and so much more!
- Nutritional yeast also contains antioxidants which can help protect your body from chronic diseases caused by oxidative stress. Contains NO folic acid, no artificial vitamins, this product is not fortified in any way - it's just pure natural nutritional yeast.
Nutritional Yeast is a source of dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and it's a complete protein. Most Nutritional Yeast products are fortified with synthetic B-Vitamins, but not this one!
Sprinkle some nutritional yeast on hot popcorn, garlic bread, add a spoonful to cereals, juices, smoothies, or use as a seasoning for salad, soup, gravy, casseroles, and so much more.
Dried yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
Shelf Life: 2 years
Country of Origin: United States of America
Is our Nutritional Yeast gluten free?
Yes, it contains less than 5ppm. Click here to see the lab test results.
Is our Nutritional Yeast Non-GMO?
Yes. Our Nutritional Yeast supplier is NGE CERTIFIED (certified non-genetically engineered).
GMO testing has shown there is no GMO protein or DNA in the raw materials used as the growth substrate. The Nutritional Yeast is considered non-GMO, following EEC regulations. They contain no GMO enzymes, have not been solvent-extracted, synthetically preserved or irradiated. They contain no artificial flavors or colors. There is no sewer sludge, petrochemical substrate, or sulfite waste liquor involved with any step of production. These products comply with NOP regulation 205.605(a)(20) and with 7 CFR 205.301(b&c).
What is the nutritional yeast grown on?
The substrate is a combination of beet molasses and corn sugar as the carbohydrate source. The carbohydrate source is consumed by the yeast during the growth process and is not present in the finished product.
Is the nutritional yeast grown on sulfured or unsulfured molasses?
The nutritional yeast is grown on unsulfured molasses.
Are any sulfites added at any point of the processing?
Are synthetic vitamins added or are they produced naturally?
Nothing is added and all vitamins and minerals occur naturally. Nothing synthetic is added to our Nutritional Yeast.
Is it free of candida albicans?
Does our nutritional yeast contain MSG?
No. There is no MSG added to our nutritional yeast.
Do you have an allergen statement from the manufacture of this product?
Click here to view the allergen statement.
Is our Nutritional Yeast tested for lead?
Testing has been performed by an independent accredited laboratory in the U.S. which is ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited laboratory. The yeast is also tested by a laboratory in France that is ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited laboratory. This testing program has a 10-year history of evaluating product and materials for lead. Results for yeast tested have been at levels less than 0.02ppm which is the lowest limit that there equipment can detect, which means that if there equipment could detect lower amounts than the results would be lower.
Is your nutritional yeast irradiated?
No. Our nutritional yeast is NOT irradiated.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
If you live outside of the US, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.