Agar Powder - Organic, Plant Based, Vegan Gelatin
translation missing: en.product.variants.error_message
Agar Agar, also known as Kanten, Japanese gelatin, or vegetable gelatin is a vegan gelling agent derived from seaweed (red algae).
- Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Keto-Friendly, and Kosher.
- This is an excellent gelling agent for jams, jellies, puddings, and other desserts.
- Powdered Agar can be substituted for gelatin in a 1:1 ratio (1 teaspoon gelatin is equivalent to 1 teaspoon agar powder). Recipes may vary, so adjust accordingly. The gel strength for Agar Agar Powder ranges from 500 - 725 gcm.
Shelf Life: 24 months
Country of Origin: Spain
Gel Strength: Ranges from 500 - 725 gcm
Where do you obtain your seaweed from? Is it grown in a manufacturing plant as opposed to the ocean?
Our agar (like all sea vegetables) is grown in the ocean. It's true that compared to land plants, we have little control over the growing conditions of marine plants. But we do have choices about how the seaweeds are transported, dried, processed, stored and packaged. Our organic Agar is manufactured according to the current organic program and is tested for contaminants and pesticides (which are not allowed in organic products).
Apple Gelatin Blocks
Jam, Jelly, Pudding, Dessert or Gummy Bears
1 cup apple juice (or any other juice)
1 teaspoon agar agar powder
Place the juice and agar agar powder in a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 2-minutes, continuously stirring.
Remove from heat, let sit for 5-minutes, then pour into desired molds.
Place in refrigerator to set.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.