Nature's Perfect Food!
Flax is Cheap Insurance that pays constant dividends!
Due to its fiber content, flax seed can help to flush your system of all the built up waste your body has accumulated. Keep reading to find out how this little seed can make a big difference in your health and lifestyle.
- Flaxseeds are a great source of so many of the enzymes and nutrients your body needs, including protein, vitamins, phytonutrients, lignans, and fiber.
- By eating flax, you will help to promote normal cholesterol levels, your digestion should improve, and you should generally feel better.
- Flaxseeds are 35% oil and 55% of that oil includes the crucial omega fatty acids. Remember, both omega-3 and omega-6 are essential oils that should be included in your diet to promote good heart health.
- The lignans found in flax are also low-glycemic carbohydrates. Therefore, they slow the absorption of sugar in the intestinal tract, so flax helps to promote normal blood sugar levels as well.
- Has three powerful health benefits: the EFAs your body needs for a healthy heart, a high amount of body-cleansing fiber, and the all-important lignans.
- Remember, it is very important to chew the flaxseeds, if the seeds are not crushed, they will pass through your system intact and you will lose some of the important health benefits!!
- Flax seed contains approximately twice the amount of omega-3 as found in fish oils.
- Just 1/4 of a cup of flax contains 9,000 mg of omega-3.
Flaxseed is one of the richest sources of lignans, a type of phytoestrogen, which may protect against cancer, particularly hormone-sensitive cancers such as those of the breast and prostate.
1/4 cup of Organic Golden Flaxseed contains as many Immune-Enhancing Lignans as:
- 90 pounds of Cabbage
- 82 pounds of Bananas
- 75 pounds of Strawberries
- 26 pounds of Broccoli
- 12 pounds of Wheat
Flax is a safe and natural way to help regulate your system. Studies have shown that the average person contains 5 to 25 pounds of waste build up in their colon. This "build up" leads to bacteria and toxins that contaminate your system causing common sicknesses and diseases. Approximately 90% of all disease and discomfort is related to an unclean colon. Internal cleansing is essential for a healthy, active lifestyle, especially in this fast paced, fast food society that we now live in. By not eating healthy foods and not exercising on a regular basis, your system has a hard time digesting foods properly. This results in waste being stored in the colon. This buildup causes bacteria and toxins which spread throughout the body resulting in sickness and even death.
If the digestive system is not working properly, it also makes it very hard to lose weight because your body is not breaking down and excreting the foods that you eat. For a system to be regular, it should produce 2-3 bowel movements a day shortly after each meal. Internal cleansing is more important than external cleansing. Unless people are willing to fast for many days by living on water alone, they will need an alternative way to cleanse.Source (one cup) – Grams of Fiber
- Golden Flaxseed 40 grams
- Raspberries 9.0 grams
- Kiwi 3.1 grams
- Broccoli (frozen) 4.6 grams
- Corn 7.8 grams
- Black Beans 7.2 grams
- Lentils 4.0 grams
- Rice: brown 4.8 grams
- Rice: white 0.2 grams
- 40% Bran Flakes 6.4 grams
- Pasta: Spaghetti 1.6 grams