- 15 or 16 white stuffing mushrooms – others will work but you may need to adjust ratios
- 1/2 cup raw pine nuts
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¾ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
salt to taste
- lime juice to taste
Wipe mushrooms with a solution of 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 gallon water (or let stand in water 15 minutes).
Pat dry. Remove tough ends of mushroom stems.
Using small paring knife, score around the bottom of the mushrooms and remove remaining stem and edge flesh.
Scoop out dark flesh.
Put into food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
Add other ingredients and pulse until it has a paste-like consistency.
Use a small spoon to fill mushroom caps.
If you have a dehydrator, dehydrate for several hours.
This recipe can also be enjoyed without being dehydrated.