recipe from Hallelujah Acres
- 2 cups ground pecans
- 1 ¾ cups dried unsweetened coconut
- 1 ¼ cup Medjool dates (pitted and soaked in just enough water to cover for 30 minutes, drain and save soak water)
- ¼ cup raw unfiltered honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract (optional)
- ½ tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp flax seeds (ground)
- 24 pecan halves
In a food processor with “S” blade in place, grind 2 cups pecans to a fine meal.
Add remaining ingredients (except flax seeds and pecan halves) including date soaking water and process until “dough” rolls into a ball.
Add ground flax seeds and blend again.
Removing one tablespoon at a time, roll into a ball and place onto a Teflex dehydrator sheet.
Flatten with the back of a spoon.
Press a pecan half into the flattened cookie.
Dehydrate at 107 degrees for 12‐24 hours or THEY CAN BE EATEN RAW without dehydrating.
Store in air tight container.