Raw Cacao Nut Butter Cups
Nut Butter Mixture
- 2 tbsp organic, unrefined coconut oil
- 5 tbsp organic almond, peanut, hazelnut or cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla or maple flavoring (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tbsp of Foods Alive Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla flavor or extract
- a dash of organic pumpkin pie spice
In separate bowls on low heat, melt the two mixtures until blended thoroughly.
Line a 12 mini muffin pan with mini paper cupcake liners.
First pour the cacao mixture in half way. (Should be similar to a cake batter consistency.)
Freeze until solid, about 15 minutes.
Then pour the nut butter mixture in to the top. (Should be similar to a cake batter.)
Freeze until solid, another 15 minutes.
Remove cups with liners still on and place on a plate.
Spread a little almond butter on and top with fresh berries or chopped nuts.
Keep refrigerated as coconut oil will melt. Remove just before serving.