- 1 cup quick cooking or old fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cup dry whole wheat pancake mix
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal or ground Maple & Cinnamon flax crackers
- 2 cup milk (hemp, nut, rice, etc.)
- 1 egg or egg substitute equivalent
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
Add milk, egg and vanilla and stir until all dry ingredients are moistened.
Allow mixture to stand 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat lightly oiled griddle over medium heat.
Pour pancakes using scant ¼ cup for each.
Turn when edges of pancakes begin to look dry and surface has bubbles.
Cook until second side has browned.
Serve warm with organic maple syrup (mixed with Foods Alive gourmet golden flax oil
), applesauce or apple butter.
Recipe makes about 14 pancakes.