Not So Cheese (Nacho Cheese)
from Creative Health Institute
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp Tahini (sesame seeds)
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼-1/2 tsp mustard powder
- ¼-1/2 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water as needed to blend
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.
Be sure to have enough liquid in the bottom of the blender so ingredients will move and blend without too much difficulty. Should be the consistency of nacho cheese sauce.
Adjust to taste. Start out with lowest amounts of salt and spices.
Make no more than 48 hours in advance of use.