Lemon Basil Artichoke Hummus
- 2-3 cloves of raw garlic peeled
- 1- 15 oz can organic garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1- 15 oz can organic artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Foods Alive Himalayan Pink Salt
- 3 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil (more for blending and drizzle)
- 1/2 c of Foods Alive raw unsalted cashews or pine nuts
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- 4 tbsp fresh basil leaves
In a food processor, add rinsed and drained beans, artichoke hearts, garlic cloves, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, paprika, hot sauce, basil and 3 tbsp of olive oil.
Pulse until blended.
Heat a dry frying pan on med-high heat until hot.
Add 1/2 c raw cashews or pine nuts (unsalted).
Let toast for several minutes, tossing to get all sides browned.
Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
When cooled, take toasted nuts to spice grinder and grind to a flour.
Add the toasted flour to the processor mixture and pulse until well blended.
Slowly drizzle olive oil in while blending, to add a creamy, smooth texture.
(approx another 4 tbsp or so)
When desired consistency is achieved, pour hummus into a serving bowl.
Top with sprinkled paprika, fresh basil leaves, olive oil drizzle (and extra crushed toasted nuts if desired).
Serve at room temperature or chill in refrigerator until later.
Serve with veggies, sweet potato chips, beet chips, Foods Alive Lemon-Chia Power Snackers or your favorite snack.
Mix with extra olive oil and lemon to make a excellent salad dressing!