recipe from Creative Health Institute (CHI)
- 3-4 large heads of kale, washed, de-veined (save veiny leaves for green smoothies)
- 1 cup sesame Tahini
- ½ cup raw soy – Nama Shoya (or Bragg’s Aminos)
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ small yellow (or red) bell pepper
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp onion powder or 1/8 small onion
- 1 tsp salt
Wash kale, tear off leaves and strip off middle vein.
Blend ingredients until smooth, will be thick, but pourable.
Add water or Rejuvelac as needed.
Pour mixture into a bowl and combine with kale.
Massage the mix into the kale, so kale is coated on both sides.
Cover dehydrator tray with parchment paper or Teflex sheets.
Make a single layer of the “chips” on each dehydrator tray.
Place in dehydrator for 8-10 hours @ 105 – 110F.
Remove from dehydrator when chips are crisp.
Store in airtight container.