Foods Alive is proud to be a leader in green practices that help to preserve our planet and ultimately our fellow man.
What Does Foods Alive Do to Be Green?
- Reuses incoming shipping boxes for outgoing shipments when possible
- Recycles all cardboard boxes that can't be reused
- Recycles all plastic containers
- Business cards are printed on recycled paper using soy based ink
- Composts any food waste that comes from production
- Use both sides of office paper
- Use organic ingredients in the foods we make
Green Business Memberships
USDA Organic Certified USDA Organic is a labeling term that indicates that the food or other agricultural product has been produced through approved methods that integrate cultural, biological, and mechanical practices that foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity. Non-GMO seeds, synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, irradiation, and genetic engineering may not be used.
Green America (Co-Op America) has a mission to harness economic power- the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace- to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
Green People has a mission to help consumers and green businesses connect. Their goal is to help consumers find green, eco-friendly, and healthy products and services.
Hoosier Environmental Council (HEC) is Indiana’s leading educator and advocate for environmental issues and policies and are passionate about their role in shaping the state’s environmental future and all who will be affected by it.