Easy Vegan Lentil & Walnut Bolognese
Recipe by The Vegan Housewife @the_veganhousewife
- 1 cup Carrots, chopped or shredded small
- 1 cup Celery, chopped small
- 4 Garlic cloves, large (minced)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 cup canned Lentils, brown or green
- 1 cup Yellow onion, chopped small
- 1 (24) oz jar Marinara
- 1 lb spaghetti pasta noodles, Cooked
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast + more for topping
Cook pasta as directed.
Sauté over medium heat the onions, celery, carrots and garlic in the olive oil until softened.
Add in the marinara sauce, walnuts, cooked lentils and seasonings.
Cook for about 20-25 minutes on low heat until everything is soft and cooked.
Tip *** chop the walnuts in pretty small pieces otherwise it’s crunchy in your pasta.
Serve the bolognese sauce over the pasta and top with more Nutrional yeast.