Cinnamon-Spiced Candied Nuts
- 3 cups of organic raw, unsalted nuts of choice (cashew, walnut, peanut, pecan, almond, macadamia, chopped brazil)
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp grass fed unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp organic, unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1.5 tbsp vanilla extract or the insides of 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp ground organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sprinkle of nutmeg
- 3 tbsp of water
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
ProcedureCombine all dry ingredients in glass bowl and mix well.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil, butter and vanilla until melted.
Add nut mixture and water, stirring constantly, coating all sides.
Heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until all sugar is melted and nuts are covered.
Transfer immediately onto a sheet of parchment paper and separate the nuts right away.
Once cooled, place in a bowl or decorative jar and eat!