Carrot Cupcakes with Ginger Pineapple Cream Cheese
- 1/4 c organic coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp Foods Alive Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp organic ground pumpkin spice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 c grass-fed organic butter, unsalted (or coconut oil if desired)
- 1/3 c raisins
- 2 tbsp Foods Alive Coconut Sugar (or raw honey/Stevia if desired)
- 1 scraped vanilla bean (or 1 tbsp vanilla extract)
- 1 c finely grated carrots
- 1/4 c Foods Alive chopped pecans (or walnuts)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz organic cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tbsp crushed pineapple
- 1/8 tsp ground dried ginger
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place all ingredients for making the cupcake, except pecans, in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Grease a muffin pan or use cupcake liners.
Regular size muffins will fill about 8 and mini muffin pan will fill about 24.
Fill mixture about 3/4 full, then bake.
For mini cupcakes, bake for 10-14 minutes.
For regular cupcakes bake for 20-24 minutes.
Test with toothpick before removing to fully cool.
In a clean food processor, add quartered softened cream cheese, orange extract, salt,
ground ginger and well drained crushed pineapple.
Pulse and blend until frosting is whipped and creamy.
Place in pastry bag with tip of choice and chill until cooled cupcakes are ready to decorate.
Crush 1/4 cup of pecans (or walnuts) and sprinkle on top!