Avocado Carrot Soup
- 1 avocado
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup almond, sesame or coconut milk
- 1 tsp ginger (finely ground)
- 1/4 lemon
- 2‐4 drops Stevia or 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup (optional)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pure water (until you get desired consistency)
Put all ingredients in a high speed blender and mix well.
Add some purified water or carrot juice if the consistency is too thick.
- You could add some warm water (150F) if you'd like a warm soup (but not too warm, you'd like the enzymes to stay alive and the taste of avocado becomes bitter when it gets too hot).
- If you don't have time to make almond milk you could put in a handful of chestnuts with some extra water or fresh coconut water and meat.
- Avocado is highly nutritious, nearly 20 essential nutrients including fiber, potassium (20% RDA), Vitamin E (205 RDA), folate (30% RDA).
- Put as much as 1 tbsp finely cut ginger in the soup, but start with the 1 tsp in the recipe as not all people like that much.
- This is also an excellent dip for crudité (like baby carrots, celery sticks, cucumber slices, etc.)