Maca Powder - Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Raw, Vegan, Kosher and Peruvian Smoothie Booster
translation missing: en.product.variants.error_message
The maca plant (Lepidium meyenii) is a mat-like perennial that grows between 13,000 and 14,500 feet above sea level in the high Andean plateaus of Peru. Its tuberous roots resemble those of its relative― the radish. Organic maca pudding and jam are popular among Andes natives.
Although unrelated to ginseng, organic maca is often referred to as Peruvian ginseng because of its similar properties. To Andean Incas, organic maca, a sweet and somewhat nutty-tasting dried root, is considered a delicacy. Organic maca boiled in water makes a drink sweeter than cocoa.
Traditionally, native medicine practitioners and herbalists have recommended maca for stimulating and regulating the endocrine system.
- Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Keto-Friendly and Kosher.
- The delightfully fragrant powder is rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and iron, and contains trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese, and silica, as well as B vitamins.
- Foods Alive organic maca root powder, which has a somewhat nutty, malt-like taste that blends well with cereal, ice cream, juice, milk, yogurt, pie, cake, smoothies, cookie fillings, and desserts, and can be added to a variety of other recipes. 2-3 tsp per day is the suggested use of the powder.
Raw Maca Powder*
Shelf Life: 2 years
Country of Origin: Peru
Special notice to customers in California ONLY
(California Proposition 65) WARNING: Consuming this product can expose you to lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.
You can check out our Prop 65 page for more info by clicking here.
Click here, to view the heavy metal test results.
Why is there a Proposition 65 warning on my superfood?
Please click here for the answer.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
If you live outside of the US, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.
- The bulk 5-pound option is made to order, so this product can take up to 1-2 weeks to ship out.
- If our production schedule for the bulk size shows that it will take longer than 2 weeks to ship out, we will use our discretion to send you the equivalent replacement in our smaller bags instead.