Gold Flax Seed - Organic with Fresh Nutty Flavor | Non-GMO, Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free and Kosher
translation missing: en.product.variants.error_message
Foods Alive offers the cleanest and best-tasting organic gold flax seed on the market. We receive samples from several certified organic flax farmers and make each sample into both our crackers and cold-pressed flax oil. Then after careful consideration, we choose the best one. You just can't beat that kind of diligence these days, right? Farm to table fresh and ready to eat! Gold Flaxseeds are a powerhouse of nutrition.
- Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Keto-Friendly and Kosher.
- Flaxseed is a powerhouse of nutrition, delivering three major benefits: they're a great source of essential fatty acids like Omega-3 and Omega-6, they're packed with fiber, and they're high in lignans, which may be associated with lowered risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, and more.
- Flax has three powerful health benefits: the EFAs your body needs for a healthy heart, a high amount of body-cleansing fiber, and the all-important lignans. By eating flax, you will help to promote normal cholesterol levels, your digestion should improve, and you should generally feel better.
- Flax seeds are a great source of so many of the enzymes and nutrients your body needs, including protein, vitamins, phytonutrients, and fiber. Flaxseeds are 35% oil and 55% of that oil includes the crucial omega fatty acids. Remember, both omega-3 and omega-6 are essential fatty acids that should be included in your diet to promote good heart health.
- The lignans found in flax are also low-glycemic carbohydrates. Therefore, they slow the absorption of sugar in the intestinal tract. It is very important to chew or grind the flaxseeds in a coffee grinder. If the seeds are not crushed, they will pass through your system intact and you will lose most of the important health benefits.
- You can add golden flax seeds to just about anything, but we'll still list some options for you...
- Put these in a grinder and make your own organic ground flaxseed. The seeds have a two-year shelf life, far longer than ground flax seeds.
- Throw some in smoothies or shakes, sprinkle on top of a delicious salad, add to a granola, yogurt, energy bars, crackers, soups, sauces, dips, breads, or sprinkle them on pasta, and more for a unique nutty flavor! You can even grind these up and add them to your Budwig recipe for more fiber.
Gold flax seed*
Shelf Life: 2 years
Country of Origin: USA or Canada
What is the difference between gold and brown flax seed?
Nutritionally, not much. Our reason for using gold flax seed is taste. Gold flaxseed has a fresher and nuttier flavor, while brown flax seed can often have a bitter flavor.
Does flaxseed need to be ground up?
Not necessarily, the flaxseed in our flax crackers is soaked in water and then dehydrated. Soaking breaks down the hard outer shell and starts the life process. Dehydrating then makes the seed crunchy so you can easily chew them with your teeth. This chewing process also brings your own digestive enzymes into the equation making the flax even more digestible. However, if you are eating flaxseed that has not been soaked, it is best to grind them.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.