Organic Black Sesame Seed Oil, Artisan Cold Pressed, 100% Pure Sesame Oil, Tastes Great, Healthy
translation missing: en.product.variants.error_message
With its rich and creamy aromatic flavor, Foods Alive's black sesame oil is sure to delight your senses and nourish your body, mind, and spirit. Black sesame oil has one of the richest antioxidant contents among plant oils and has been used in the ancient Indian Ayurvedic tradition for thousands of years for health treatments of the body, oil pulling, and therapeutic massage. Black sesame oil is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and also anti-inflammatory. People love the distinct flavor and texture of this oil!
- Made in the USA, where we use low temperatures to preserve the vital living enzymes and essential nutrients.
- Before we decide which seed to use, we cold-press samples from several certified organic farmers. Then we taste each batch to find the one with the lightest and nuttiest taste, while also preserving its full potential of essential minerals and nutrients.
- Once we decide on the best seeds, our cold-pressed oils are crafted in small batches at a very low temperature on our own equipment to ensure the finest quality and taste. This extra attention to detail allows us to maintain the superior quality you have come to expect from Foods Alive.
- Our Artisan Cold-Pressed Oils consistently beat the leading brands in blind taste tests!
- Real health food! Full of heart-healthy omega fatty acids. Omega fatty acids are essential and are associated with benefits like reduced inflammation, improved heart health, and brain health.
- Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Kosher.
- Unrefined and free of preservatives.
- We use BPA-free bottles that are black to protect contents from light, which can degrade the oil. We also have a bulk size available in a glass bottle.
Black sesame oil has a rich & creamy flavor that is perfect for soups, salads, rice dishes, baked potatoes, or pasta salads! Did we mention that it's an easy way to add omegas to your diet?!
Mix it up with a little apple cider vinegar and honey to make a great salad dressing or put some on your wrap or sandwich.
100% Unrefined, raw black sesame seed oil*.
Origin of Seeds: Mexico, Bolivia, or Paraguay
- Shelf Life is 14 Months (refrigerated)
- Store in refrigerator upon receipt
- Shake well before using as natural settling may occur
- For clearer oil, do not shake
- Freezing extends shelf life
- Not for use as a cooking oil
Is black sesame oil the same as black seed oil?
No, it is not. To purchase black seed oil, please click here.
Why is the black sesame oil clear when pouring from the bottle?
If the black sesame oil is not shaken before pouring, it will indeed be clear due to the black particulate separating and sinking to the bottom of the bottle. However, if shaken for 10 - 20 seconds, the oil will then become black in color again.
In the photo below, the cup on the right is the black sesame oil before the bottle was shaken (clear oil) and the cup on the left is the black sesame oil after the bottle was shaken for 20-seconds (black oil).
Do your artisan cold-pressed oils need to be shipped refrigerated? Does the shipping time affect the oils?
When tested, the relatively short shipment times and variable seasonal temperatures encountered during shipment have been found to be irrelevant. Even shipments arriving during the summer heatwaves can be guaranteed as being potent and unharmed.
Are the plastic bottles BPA-free?
Yes, we use BPA-free bottles made of Polyethylene and the main difference is that our bottle is black to protect it from light which can degrade the oil. If you're looking to ditch plastic completely, we do offer this oil in a 32 oz glass bottle.
Can I cook with your artisan cold-pressed oils?
Cooking with our artisan cold-pressed oils is not recommended. The smoke point (the temperature at which an oil will burn and become rancid) of sesame oil is 410 degrees Fahrenheit, most forms of cooking will easily exceed this temperature. Cooking with our oils will not only affect the taste, but omega essential fatty acids are very delicate and high heat will destroy them. However, you can use the oils after cooking on a number of dishes by adding it once it's on your plate and ready to consume.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
If you live outside of the US, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.
- The 32-ounce oils in glass and the 1-gallon size of our oils are made to order, so this product can take up to 1-2 weeks to ship out.
- If our production schedule for the 1-gallon size shows that it will take longer than 2 weeks to ship out, we will use our discretion to send you the equivalent replacement in our smaller bottles instead.