Nutritional Yeast Flakes - Non-Fortified, Plant-Based Protein, Vegan Cheese Powder Substitute
translation missing: en.product.variants.error_message
Most nutritional yeast products are fortified with synthetic B-vitamins, but not this one!
Our non-fortified nutritional yeast provides the great cheesy flavor you're looking for without the use of synthetic additives. With a nutty, cheesy flavor, our nutritional yeast is a favorite among many vegans.
Nutritional yeast is not a genetically modified organism (GMO).
- Made in the USA, non-GMO nutritional yeast!
- NO synthetic ingredients.
- Nutritional yeast is NOT brewer's yeast, baker's yeast, or Torula yeast; and because nutritional yeast does not come in contact with barley (like brewer's yeast), it is gluten-free and safe for people with celiac disease.
- Nutritional yeast is produced by culturing the yeast with a mixture of beet molasses and corn sugar, then harvesting, washing, drying, and packaging the yeast.
- Source of dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals and it's a complete protein, meaning it provides the amino acids the human body cannot produce.
- Nutritional yeast is naturally low in sodium and calories. It is also fat-free, sugar-free, and gluten-free.
- Nutritional yeast also contains antioxidants that can help protect your body from chronic diseases caused by oxidative stress. Contains NO folic acid, no artificial vitamins, this product is not fortified in any way - it's just pure natural nutritional yeast.
- Great for vegan snacks, seasoning, or wherever a light cheddar seasoning or umami flavor is called for. Vegan-friendly cheese flavored substitute, perfect for healthy snacks for adults and kids.
- Try some on scrambled eggs or in dairy-free cream sauces.
- Sprinkle some nutritional yeast on hot popcorn, garlic bread, add a spoonful to cereals, juices, smoothies.
- Use as a seasoning for salad, soup, gravy, casseroles, and so much more.
Dried yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
Shelf Life: 2 years
Country of Origin: United States of America
Is our nutritional yeast gluten-free?
Yes, it contains less than 5ppm. Click here to see the lab test results.
Is our nutritional yeast Non-GMO?
Yes. Our nutritional yeast supplier is NGE CERTIFIED (certified non-genetically engineered).
GMO testing has shown there is no GMO protein or DNA in the raw materials used as the growth substrate. The nutritional yeast is considered non-GMO, following EEC regulations. They contain no GMO enzymes, have not been solvent-extracted, synthetically preserved, or irradiated. They contain no artificial flavors or colors. There is no sewer sludge, petrochemical substrate, or sulfite waste liquor involved with any step of production.
What is the nutritional yeast grown on?
The substrate is a combination of beet molasses and corn sugar as the carbohydrate source. The carbohydrate source is consumed by the yeast during the growth process and is not present in the finished product.
Is the nutritional yeast grown on sulfured or unsulfured molasses?
The nutritional yeast is grown on unsulfured molasses.
Are any sulfites added at any point of the processing?
Are synthetic vitamins added or are they produced naturally?
Nothing is added and all vitamins and minerals occur naturally. Nothing synthetic is added to our nutritional yeast.
Is it free of candida Albicans?
Yes, our yeast does not contain candida Albicans.
Does our nutritional yeast contain MSG?
Nutritional yeast contains naturally occurring glutamate. The glutamate found in nutritional yeast is “bound” to other amino acids or proteins meaning your body can control how much is absorbed and the rest can be passed off as waste.
Do you have an allergen statement from the manufacture of this product?
Click here to view the allergen statement.
Is our nutritional yeast tested for lead?
Testing has been performed by an independent accredited laboratory in the U.S. which is ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited laboratory. Results for yeast tested have been at levels less than 0.02ppm which is the lowest limit that their equipment can detect.
Is your nutritional yeast irradiated?
No. Our nutritional yeast is NOT irradiated
Do you have a spec sheet or certificate of analysis for your nutritional yeast?
Yes, you can view it by clicking here.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
If you live outside of the US or Canada, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.