White Mulberries - Organic, Unsweetened Dried Mulberries Grown in Turkey, Harvested Sustainably
translation missing: en.product.variants.error_message
Mulberries are native to the Morus genus of trees and can be found in many parts of the world, but they originated in the Far East, traveling along the Silk Road from China to Turkey.
Foods Alive's white mulberries are organically grown on the ancient fertile plains of Turkey, where they have been sustainably harvested for thousands of years. In keeping with tradition, the fruit is shaken from the tree and only the premium berries are selected. The berries are then naturally allowed to dry in the sun to an ideal moisture level that creates their perfect chewy texture.
- Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan, and Gluten-Free.
- Mulberries have long been acknowledged in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a remedy for a range of ailments. In Turkey, the berry has been used effectively to treat fevers, strengthen joints, and lower blood pressure. The unique protein profile of mulberries makes them an excellent addition to your diet, especially if you're looking to boost your protein intake from plant foods.
- With three grams of protein per ounce, the dried mulberry is indeed a super-fruit. You'll also find a noteworthy amount of iron, calcium, and vitamin C in a serving of mulberries, along with dietary fiber. As if this berry wasn't super enough, it's also abundant in resveratrol, the powerful antioxidant nutrient found in red wine.
- High levels of the potent antioxidant resveratrol make mulberries an excellent food for fighting the cellular damage caused by free radicals. Recent studies have shown that regular consumption of this special antioxidant may help promote a healthy cardiovascular system, boost immune function, and increase longevity.
- Mulberries release their pollen at over 1/2 the speed of sound, approximately 350 MPH! Making it the fastest known movement in the plant kingdom.
- Dried white mulberries are treasured for their unique flavor and texture, and for their antioxidant content. They are akin to a dried fig in flavor and chewiness.
- These Turkish mulberries are a satisfying snack on their own or they can enhance virtually any recipe. Feel free to try this sweet super-fruit in cereal, trail mix, granola, yogurt, smoothies, and baked goods.
- For a surprisingly delicious snack, sprinkle some white mulberries in your next cheese or chicken quesadilla. Try it - it's tasty!
Shelf Life: 2 years
Country of Origin: Turkey
Special notice to customers in California ONLY
(California Proposition 65) WARNING: Consuming this product can expose you to lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.
You can check out our Prop 65 page for more info by clicking here.
Why is there a Proposition 65 warning on my superfood?
Please click here for the answer.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.