Foods Alive offers the cleanest and best-tasting organic golden flax seed on the market. We receive samples from several certified organic flax farmers and make each sample into both our crackers and cold-pressed flax oil. Then after careful consideration, we choose the best one. You just can't beat that kind of diligence these days, right?
- Flaxseed is a powerhouse of nutrition, delivering three major benefits: they're a great source of essential fatty acids like Omega-3 and Omega-6, they're packed with fiber, and they're high in lignans, which may be associated with lowered risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, and more.
- Foods Alive offers the cleanest and best-tasting organic golden flax seed on the market. We receive samples from certified organic flax farmers and make each sample into both our crackers and cold-pressed flax oil. Then after careful consideration, we choose the best ones.
- Put these in a grinder and make your own organic ground flaxseed. The seeds have a two year shelf life, far longer than ground flax seeds. You can add golden flax seeds to just about anything, including smoothies or shakes, sprinkled on a delicious salad, added to granola or trail mix, and you can even add them to baked goods, such as breads or muffins.
- Add to Budwig Protocol, granola, yogurt, energy bars, crackers, soups, sauces, dips, breads, or sprinkle them on salads, pasta, and more for a unique nutty flavor!
- Farm to table fresh and ready to eat! Gold Flaxseeds are a powerhouse of nutrition.
Flax has three powerful health benefits: the EFAs your body needs for a healthy heart, a high amount of body-cleansing fiber, and the all-important lignans. Flax seeds are a great source of so many of the enzymes and nutrients your body needs, including protein, vitamins, phytonutrients, lignans, and fiber. By eating flax, you will help to promote normal cholesterol levels, your digestion should improve, and you should generally feel better. Flaxseeds are 35% oil and 55% of that oil includes the crucial omega fatty acids. Remember, both omega-3 and omega-6 are essential fatty acids that should be included in your diet to promote good heart health.
The lignans found in flax are also low-glycemic carbohydrates. Therefore, they slow the absorption of sugar in the intestinal tract. Remember, it is very important to chew or grind the flaxseeds in a coffee grinder. If the seeds are not crushed, they will pass through your system intact and you will lose some of the important health benefits.
You can add golden flax seeds to just about anything, but we'll still list some options for you. Throw some in smoothies or shakes, sprinkle on top of a delicious salad, add to a granola or trail mix, and you can even add them to baked goods, such as breads or muffins. You can even grind these up and add them to your Budwig recipe for more fiber.
Golden Flax Seed*
Shelf Life: 2 years
Country of Origin: USA or Canada
What is the difference between gold and brown flax seed?
Nutritionally, not much. Our reason for using golden flax seed is taste. Golden flax seed has a fresher and nuttier flavor, while brown flax seed can often have a bitter flavor.
Does flax seed need to be ground up?
Not necessarily, the flaxseed in our Flax Crackers is soaked in water and then dehydrated. Soaking breaks down the hard outer shell and starts the life process. Dehydrating then makes the seed crunchy so you can easily chew them with your teeth. This chewing process also brings your own digestive enzymes in to the equation making the flax even more digestible. However, if you are eating flaxseed that has not been soaked, it is best to grind them.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
If you live outside of the US, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.
- The bulk 5-pound and 25-pound options are made to order, so this product can take up to 1-2 weeks to ship out.
- If our production schedule for the bulk sizes shows that it will take longer than 2 weeks to ship out, we will use our discretion to send you the equivalent replacement in our smaller bags instead.