Goji Berries - Organic
translation missing: en.product.variants.error_message
Goji berries have been traditionally regarded as a longevity, strength-building, and potency food of the highest order. They contain 500 times the amount of vitamin C by weight of oranges, plus 18 amino acids, and are jam-packed with a combination of polysaccharides, carotenoids, and anthocyanins.
Due to its reputation as a longevity food, it's reported that villagers who make goji berries a regular part of their diet, live well into their 90s and beyond. In China, goji is believed to increase the chi (life energy) in those that eat them. As Americans become more concerned with aging, it’s natural that they would seek out the secrets of longevity, and goji berries have a deep association with long life in the Chinese tradition. As we apply our scientific Western eye to traditional foods, we’ve been learning that there are generally very good reasons why indigenous people swear by them– they’re packed with nutrients.
- Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan, and Gluten-Free.
- Foods Alive's goji berries are grown organically (unlike most goji berries on the market) and harvested with exceptional care by selecting for maximum taste and nutrient potency.
- After careful selection, they are washed, shade-dried, and lab-tested for purity before packaging. This ensures they will be free of any chemical pesticides, sulfur, or heavy metals. Once you try them you'll agree that this is a delicious way to stay healthy!
- Goji berries are loaded with trace minerals, vitamins, and 18 amino acids, including all 9 of the essential aminos and 21 trace minerals like zinc, iron, copper, calcium, germanium, selenium, and phosphorus.
- But more than that, they are jampacked with a combination of polysaccharides, carotenoids, and anthocyanins– plant chemicals with powerful health-supporting effects in the human body. Try finding those in your lab-formulated protein shake– they're not there!
- They are abundant in polysaccharides, which may help fortify the immune system; including one that has been shown to stimulate the secretion of rejuvenative human growth hormone by the pituitary gland. Goji berries are also among the richest sources of carotenoids, including more beta carotene than carrots.
- They also contain vitamins B1, B2, B6, and vitamin E. They contain 500 times the amount of vitamin C by weight than oranges, making them second only to camu camu berries as the richest vitamin C source on earth. They contain 11 mg of iron per 100 grams, beta-sisterol (an anti-inflammatory agent), linoleic acid (a fatty acid), sesquiterpenoids (cyperone, solavetivone), tetraterpenoids (zeaxanthin, physalin), and betaine (0.1%).
- Add these tangy raisin-like berries to your salad, yogurt, smoothie, trail mix, granola, baked goods, or eat them by the handful.
- Goji berries are a fun snack! Tart and chewy, they’re perfect for school lunches for your kids, plane trips, road trips, backpacking, camping, or as an after workout snack!
Raw goji berries*
Shelf Life: 2 years
Country of Origin: Ningxia region, China
Special notice to customers in California ONLY
(California Proposition 65) WARNING: Consuming this product can expose you to lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.
You can check out our Prop 65 page for more info by clicking here.
Click here, to view the heavy metal test results.
Why is there a Proposition 65 warning on my superfood?
Please click here for the answer.
Where are your goji berries grown?
Our goji berries are produced on organic farmland in the Ningxia region of China. Ningxia is where the berries have long been commercially cultivated for their superior quality, and to this day, still the most fertile and best area for Gold Standard Goji Berries.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.