Black Sesame Seed - Organic | Great Source of Calcium, Iron, Antioxidants and More | Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Keto-Friendly
translation missing: en.product.variants.error_message
In traditional Chinese medicine, black sesame seeds have sweet and neutral properties and are associated with the kidney and liver meridians. They function to tonify yin jing and blood, moisten the intestines, and help build the spirit or shen.
- Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Keto-Friendly and Kosher.
- Our black sesame seeds are the entire raw seed, including the shell. Because our seeds have their shells, they're crunchier and have a stronger flavor. They also deliver unsaturated fatty acids and more lignans, including a unique content of sesamin, which are phytoestrogens with antioxidant and anti-cancer properties. Sesame seeds also contain phytosterols which are associated with reduced levels of blood cholesterol.
- Macrominerals like calcium and magnesium can be good for your health, and trace minerals like iron, copper, and manganese are important for regulating your metabolism. Our seeds are fresh and packed with goodness. Black sesame seeds are a great source of calcium. One gram of seeds contains approximately 85 milligrams of calcium.
- The seeds also contain vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin E (tocopherol).
- In some cases, black sesame seeds are used to help patients recover from serious illnesses and fevers, treat constipation and promote regular bowel movements. Some practitioners recommend using black sesame seeds with polygonum to keep a person's hair looking rich and dark.
- The nutrients of sesame seeds are better absorbed if they are ground or pulverized before consumption, like with tahini.
- Black sesame seeds have a slightly sweet and nutty flavor, and the aroma can be enhanced by lightly heating.
- They can be added to your favorite granolas, yogurts, energy bars, crackers, soups, sauces, dips, or breads.
- You can make your own hummus, use them when baking, and they're great on salads!
Black sesame seed (whole entire seed)*
Shelf Life: 2 years
Country of Origin: Mexico, Bolivia, Paraguay, or India
Are your black sesame seeds the whole entire seed or the inside of the seed only?
Our black sesame seeds are the entire raw seed. This includes the shell.
Are your black sesame seeds painted black or are any other substances added to make it look darker?
No. There are several variables that cause the seeds to look unique or different with each crop/season in which they're harvested. Our supplier runs the black sesame seeds through a machine called a Color Sortex Machine that sorts the seeds for consistent size and color and removes all impurities. We receive a certificate of analysis for each batch of black sesame seeds that shows it's safe to consume. Before we purchase each batch of black sesame seeds, we receive a sample and test it to make sure it sprouts and then we press it into oil and check the taste of the oil. It must pass all of these tests before we choose a batch of black sesame seeds.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.