Wild Jungle Peanuts - Organic
translation missing: en.product.variants.error_message
Jungle peanuts are beautiful heirloom nuts, wild-crafted by the Shuar tribe of the Amazon. These amazing peanuts are quite likely the original ancestors to all the commercial nuts grown today. Beautiful to behold, they're long and lean, with a deep chocolate-colored stripe. Subtle yet rich, aromatic, and earthy yet different from regular peanuts as wild strawberries are from bland, commercial ones.
The peanut, while grown in tropical and subtropical regions throughout the world is native to the Western Hemisphere. It probably originated in South America and spread throughout the New World as Spanish explorers discovered the peanut's versatility. When the Spaniards returned to Europe, peanuts went with them. Later, traders were responsible for spreading peanuts to Asia and Africa. Peanuts, also known as groundnuts, are now grown in 108 countries.
- Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Keto-Friendly and Kosher
- Unlike domestic peanuts, organic wild jungle peanuts are low in aflatoxin and are a sustainable rainforest product.
- Jungle peanuts are a nutritional revelation containing all 9 essential aminos, methionine, the beautifying oleic acid, all the while loaded with protein, heart-healthy mono-unsaturated oil, vitamin E, and much more.
Many of the natural regions where wild peanuts grow are being threatened by modern development pressures. The wild strains of peanuts are threatened, along with the ancient communities that live in these forests. Foods Alive peanuts are harvested by the Shuar people of southern Ecuador, an area with incredible richness in biodiversity.
The indigenous group of approximately 4,300 Shuar people has title to roughly two million acres of primary forest. The Shuar are one of an increasing number of Amazonian indigenous groups who are organizing against oil exploration activities that threaten their territory. Although the Shuar have demanded that no oil development occur on their land, ARCO has the exploration rights to two areas in their territory that encompass 2.5 million acres. The Shuar insist that all communities affected by proposed development must play a part in deciding how traditional land is used. The Shuar are putting pressure on ARCO and the Ecuadorian government to recognize their right to self-determination.
- Add these protein-rich nuts to your favorite trail mix, granola, salad, or just eat them by the handful.
- Jungle peanuts are great for treats in school lunches for your kids, plane trips, road trips, backpacking, camping, or as an after-workout snack!
- Try grinding them up to make your very own peanut butter.
Raw jungle peanuts*
Shelf Life: 2 years
Country of Origin: Ecuador
Special notice to customers in California ONLY
(California Proposition 65) WARNING: Consuming this product can expose you to lead and cadmium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.
You can check out our Prop 65 page for more info by clicking here.
Click here, to view the heavy metal test results.
Why is there a Proposition 65 warning on my superfood?
Please click here for the answer.
- Orders over $49 qualify for free shipping! (Order total must be over $49 after discounts are applied). For more information please click here.
- Orders are generally shipped within 24-48 business hours of being placed. However, please note that we do not ship on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. The reason we do not ship on Fridays is that we try to avoid our products sitting on a shipping truck over the weekend.