Organic, Vegan, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free
Organic White Mulberries
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Mulberries are native to the Morus genus of trees and can be found in many parts of the world, but they originated in the Far East, traveling along the Silk Road from China to Turkey.
Foods Alive's white mulberries are organically grown on the ancient fertile plains of Turkey, where they have been sustainably harvested for thousands of years. In keeping with tradition, the fruit is shaken from the tree and only the premium berries are selected. The berries are then naturally allowed to dry in the sun to an ideal moisture level that creates their perfect chewy texture.
- Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan, and Gluten-Free.
- Mulberries have long been acknowledged in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a remedy for a range of ailments. In Turkey, the berry has been used effectively to treat fevers, strengthen joints, and lower blood pressure. The unique protein profile of mulberries makes them an excellent addition to your diet, especially if you're looking to boost your protein intake from plant foods.
- With three grams of protein per ounce, the dried mulberry is indeed a super-fruit. You'll also find a noteworthy amount of iron, calcium, and vitamin C in a serving of mulberries, along with dietary fiber. As if this berry wasn't super enough, it's also abundant in resveratrol, the powerful antioxidant nutrient found in red wine.
- High levels of the potent antioxidant resveratrol make mulberries an excellent food for fighting the cellular damage caused by free radicals. Recent studies have shown that regular consumption of this special antioxidant may help promote a healthy cardiovascular system, boost immune function, and increase longevity.
- Mulberries release their pollen at over 1/2 the speed of sound, approximately 350 MPH! Making it the fastest known movement in the plant kingdom.
- Dried white mulberries are treasured for their unique flavor and texture, and for their antioxidant content. They are akin to a dried fig in flavor and chewiness.
- These Turkish mulberries are a satisfying snack on their own or they can enhance virtually any recipe. Feel free to try this sweet super-fruit in cereal, trail mix, granola, yogurt, smoothies, and baked goods.
- For a surprisingly delicious snack, sprinkle some white mulberries in your next cheese or chicken quesadilla. Try it - it's tasty!
Shelf Life: 2 years
Country of Origin: Turkey
Here at Foods Alive, we like to keep things simple and transparent. That’s why we offer both a flat-rate and a free shipping option during the checkout process.
Shipping to Continental US (including Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and APO/DPO/FPO)
- $10 shipping on orders under $69
- FREE shipping on orders $69 or more— after any discounts/promotions are applied and before shipping charges or taxes are applied
- All orders are shipped either by USPS (1st Class or Priority) or by UPS Ground. A customer’s preference for one shipping company over another is not always feasible, so we reserve the right to choose the best method of shipping at our own discretion.
International Shipping (outside of USA)
At this time, we are not able to ship to international addresses. If you are outside of the United States, you can order Foods Alive products through www.iherb.com. They carry most of our items and offer the best international shipping options around.
Returns, Refunds, Replacements
We accept returns for any reason on products bought directly from our website for up to 30-days after receipt. We will refund your purchase price, less return shipping charges, if you use our return label. We can not accept return requests after 30-days.
To request a return label, or if you need further assistance with your return, please contact us by filling out our contact form here.
Once we receive your returned product and it has been inspected, a credit via the original method of payment will be processed within 7 – 10 business days.
If you've purchased our products from a retailer and not directly from us on our website, you will need to reach out to the place of purchase to have your return or replacement processed.
If you have damaged product, please contact us for assistance by filling out our contact form here. Please note, that we may request an image of the damaged product.
All promo codes are ONLY valid on Foods Alive products, but EXCLUDES cases, multi-packs, variety packs, samples, and bulk items because these items are already discounted. All promo codes are one-time use promo codes.
Promo codes are also NOT valid on 3rd party vendor items such as CocoRinga, BioCoffee, Carafes, Aloe Vera Juice, etc.
California Residents Only
Foods Alive takes food safety very seriously. All foods that are grown in nature contain trace levels of naturally occurring elements/minerals such as lead and cadmium, which are naturally present in all soils because they are found in the Earth’s crust. Because these minerals, including cadmium and lead, are present naturally in the soil, they are absorbed by plants through their roots along with other nutrients. As a result, there may be unavoidable traces occurring in virtually all foods, including fish, meats, grains, fruits and vegetables.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other health authorities have determined that tiny traces of naturally occurring minerals in foods are unavoidable and do not present a public health risk, threat of injury, or need for warnings. The FDA regularly monitors the amount of cadmium and lead in food and we ensure that our products safely pass any FDA regulations.
*Contaminants are often expressed in micrograms (mcg). When considering the levels of naturally occurring elements such as lead or cadmium found in food, it is helpful to put these units of measurement into perspective. How much is a Microgram (mcg)? A microgram is one/one-millionth of a gram. To put this unit into perspective, a penny weighs 2 grams. To get a microgram, you would need to divide the penny into 2 million pieces. A microgram is one of those two million pieces.
California law contains what is known as the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, also referred to as Proposition 65 (“Prop 65”). Prop 65 is a unique, California-only “right to know” law that requires products sold in California to bear warning notices about potential exposure to any of the over 800 substances (click here for the full list) listed by the state. Prop 65’s warning standards are uniquely low and not safety-based. As a practical matter, Prop 65 warnings are required for any product (food or non-food) that exposes an individual in California to virtually any detectable amount of a listed chemical.
Prop 65 does not ban any products from sale in California; it simply requires warnings about the listed chemical contained in the product. No other state has a law similar to Proposition 65, which requires warnings for listed chemicals contained in products at levels that are far below levels known to cause any actual harm, or that are regulated by the FDA or other federal law. Proposition 65 regulates substances officially listed by California as having a 1 in 100,000 chance of causing cancer or birth defects over a 70-year period.
Trace amounts of lead, cadmium, and other metals and chemicals listed under California’s Proposition 65 are found in some of even the most carefully selected and sourced ingredients contained in Foods Alive products. Lead, as an example, is a naturally occurring element that is found throughout the entire environment, including in soils where it can be taken up by natural plants and herbs all over the world. None of these elements are added by farmers or by Foods Alive. We follow good manufacturing practices throughout our supply chain to minimize or eliminate any contamination.
Source: US Food and Drug Administration, Total Diet Study Market Baskets 2006 through 2011
Rather than face more unscrupulous lawsuits, Foods Alive prefers to comply with Prop 65 by: (1) providing warnings where there are detectable levels of trace amounts of listed chemicals; or (2) limiting the serving size for California residents to avoid any warning requirement; or (3) placing the Prop 65 warning on all of our products. We strongly believe that any minute levels of the chemicals listed by Prop 65 in its products should be exempted under the “naturally occurring allowance” exception.
Why are there Prop 65 warning labels on so many products in California?
Prop 65 has a “citizen-suit” provision meant to pay for itself and not require funding from the legislature. To add incentive to California citizens to police Prop 65, when a citizen (or private enforcer) brings a lawsuit against a company, they are awarded a payment equal to 25% of the Civic Penalty settlement imposed on the manufacturer.
These individuals and law firms may not have to prove that they have been injured in any way by whatever violation of the Prop 65 they are claiming. Prop 65 allows lawyers and individuals to bring suits against companies and put the burden of truth on the manufacturer. Due to the high costs of litigation, most of these lawsuits settle out of court and never make it to trial. In 2016, businesses paid $30.1 million in Prop 65 settlement payments. Of that total, 72% ($21.5 million) went to attorney’s fees.
Example settlement of $100,000: Approximately $72,000 would go to attorney fees and $28,000 would go towards the Civic Penalty. Of that $28,000 Civic Penalty, $7,000 would go to the private individual filing the lawsuit and $21,000 would go to the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment. You can view the 2016 Prop 65 Settlement Summary here.
Will there be any changes to prevent unnecessary Prop 65 lawsuits?
Governor Brown Proposes to Reform Proposition 65: On May 7, 2013, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. proposed reforms to strengthen and restore the intent of Proposition 65, a three-decade-old law enacted to protect Californians from harmful chemicals, that has been abused by some unscrupulous lawyers driven by profit rather than public health. Read more about this here.
To learn more visit California's Prop 65 website for additional information.