Why You Need A Fiber-Filled Diet!
People try and lose a few extra pounds by hopping on diets - but soon find out that they usually don't work. Or they work for a small amount of time, but then stop.
You don't need to go on a "fad" diet to lose pounds - just focus on adding fiber-rich food into your daily meals!
Fiber is a great, and I mean a great way to help with weight management.
It is shown that fiber adds "bulk" to your food - making you feel full sooner. Foods with a high fiber content tend to stay in your stomach for a longer period of time. This is why you feel more full when consuming high-fiber foods. All in all, this cuts down the total calories a person will consume throughout the day.
Here are some tips on how to incorporate more fiber into your daily eating routines:
1. Start your day with fiber - eat fruit, granola, or some fiber-filled cereal!
2. Replace white rice, bread, and pasta with brown rice and whole grain products!
3. Add flaxseed! I love to add flax into my oatmeal, proteins balls, on top of salads, and more! You can get fiber-filled flaxseed here. It works wonders!
4. Add fruit to your meals - have it for breakfast or as a snack. It's such a yummy way to add more fiber into your diet. I love to cut up fresh strawberries and throw on some wild blueberries for a snack!
5. Eat a handful of nuts and seeds once a day. Nuts and seeds aren't only a good source of fiber, but they are full of healthy fats that the body needs and they are amazing for heart health. You can get a wide variety of nuts here!
So what are some fiber-filled foods, you may ask?
1. Pears, Strawberries, and Apples
2. Chia Seeds
4. Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
5. Dark Chocolate
8. Brussel Sprouts
9. Legumes and beans
10. Nuts and oats
The bottom line is that fiber is a great and natural way to manage your weight. If you want to live a healthy lifestyle, you need to make sure that you are eating enough fiber everyday through fruits, veggies, and healthy grains!
Tag us in your photos on Instagram @FoodsAlive ! We want to see your fiber-filled food!
You can find us on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest @FoodsAlive !