Nutrient-Dense Snack Ideas
Craving something to munch on after a meal, school, or work?
I always find myself craving snacks after dinner, but everything I want is typically unhealthy.
Thank goodness for the Foods Alive recipe page found on the website.
In the recipe page under "snacks," we offer a wide variety of options to choose from in which will allow you to satisfy your late night cravings.
Here are some of my favorites from our website, as well as from others.
If any of these options sound good to you, click on the name and it will take you directly to the website with the ingredients and instructions needed to create these snacks.
- These energy balls are made out of coconut flakes, coconut sugar, vanilla, raw cacao powder, maca powder, goji berries, hemp protein powder, chia seeds, chia protein powder, black sesame seeds, raw almonds, coconut oil, and nut butter.
-After eating these energy balls, your late night sweet tooth will surely be satisfied!
- These scones are made out of GF oat flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, sea salt, butter alternative, orange zest, egg (or egg alternative), plant-based milk, and cranberries.
- A delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert to have. This snack is full of flavor and full of healthy properties.
3. Sesame Candy
- To make this snack, you need Chickpeas, Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, and Himalayan Pink salt.
- This snack is quick, easy, and full of fiber! It's a dairy-free, heart-healthy, and a high-protein option! These Chickpeas can be topped with just about any spices.
5. "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" Popcorn
- This snack is made out of home-popped popcorn, honey, cinnamon, salt.
- This is one of my all-time favorite snacks to eat. I love to pop my own popcorn at home (because it is healthier), drizzle honey, cinnamon, and salt on top, and shake until it's spread evenly throughout the popcorn. This high-fiber, delicious snack is perfect after dinner :)
6. Banana Boats
- This snack is delicious, filling, and healthy. It's a great after-school/work snack to keep you satisfied until dinner. In fact, you can even eat this as a nutritious breakfast!
7. Avocado Toast
- This snack is made out of half of an Avocado, a slice of toasted bread (GF or not), chili flakes, squeezed lemon juice, Himalayan Pink salt, and pepper.
- This snack is filled with amazing nutrients and healthy fats. The chili flakes gives it extra spice while the lemon balances the dish out. Once you eat this, you'll make it everyday... trust me.
- These healthy fries are made out of zucchini cut into fry shapes, garlic powder, Non-Fortified Nutritional Yeast, dried Oregano, dried Parsley, Olive Oil, black pepper, Paprika, and Himalayan Pink salt.
- These healthy fries are a delicious snack to have before a meal. They are flavorful, healthy, and tasty. Who doesn't love French fries?
- To make these, you need a large sweet potato sliced thinly, olive oil, and your optional choice of spices (I like either cinnamon or Everything But the Bagel seasoning.
- Sweet potatoes are considered a 'superfood.' They are full of nutrients and vitamins that are essential for the body. Not only is this snack healthy, but its delicious. The sweetness from the potatoes make this snack taste like candy.
- These bars are made out of fresh berries, plant-based milk, applesauce, rolled oats (GF or not), maple syrup, baking powder, cinnamon, Himalayan Pink salt, vanilla, coconut oil, and ground flaxseed.
- These oatmeal bars are nutritious, easy to make, and delicious! These are perfect for both a snack or a breakfast!
When eating snacks, it's important to be mindful of the health properties that they contain.
When snacking, we tend to choose the 'not-so healthy' options to satisfy our cravings - but thankfully, there's such thing as delicious, healthy food that can do the same.
We want to see your creations! Make sure to tag us in your social media posts @FoodsAlive !
You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest @FoodsAlive !
EVERYTHING IS LINKED